*** Support For Client Platforms Other Than Windows Based PC's ***
If you are looking for BlackBerry tether support for a client platform other than a Windows based PC, such as a Playbook or a MAC, please try out Bluetooth Tether Bridge for BlackBerry instead of TetherBridge MIS. Please go to the following link for that:
Bluetooth Tether Bridge for BlackBerry.
Anonymous Free Trial:
You can try TetherBridge MIS for free and you should try it before making a purchase. The trial period lasts for 5 days and it starts when you start the first tether session (not when you install the software). You do not need to re-install any software for the paid full mode but only need to enter a license key to activate it. You do not need to provide any identity (name, email or anything else) for trying TetherBridge. There will not be any targeted sales campaign. This is truly a free trial with no string attached.
- A Blackberry device running Blackberry OS 4.6 or later. If your Blackberry is running an OS earlier than 4.6, you need to upgrade the OS first. Blackberry devices in the 9000 series are officially supported. Blackberry devices in the 8000 series are not officially supported because we have not tested the software on 8000 series models. You are welcome to try as long as you have BlackBerry OS 4.6 or later.
- A PC running the Microsoft Windows operating system XP, Vista or Windows 7.
- A USB cable for connecting your Blackberry to your PC if the USB connection mode is desired.
- Bluetooth support if the Bluetooth connection mode is desired.
Installation Instructions (Important: Don't miss Operation Instructions section below!):
- (For USB connection mode only) Install the Blackberry Desktop Manager/Software from RIM if you do not have it installed already. It is used for USB connectivity support only and should NOT be started in a TetherBridge tether session. To install the Blackberry Desktop Manager/Software, go to the following link. If you do not have Internet on your PC to start with, no problem, you can still install it. See Top installation issues for the way to get around.
- Install TetherBridge MIS-Mobile (BlackBerry Tether Bridge) on your Blackberry (current version: v1.3.0) unless you have installed it from BlackBerry App World. To install TetherBridge MIS on your Blackberry, direct your Blackberry browser to the following link. Make sure you set application permissions on installation to give TetherBridge MIS all access.
Install TetherBridge MIS-PC on your PC. If you do not have Internet on your PC to start with, no problem, you can still install it. See Top installation issues for ways to get around.
TetherBridge MIS-PC contains a network driver for the Windows OS and was digitally signed with Microsoft Authenticode. Windows XP does not recognize the newer Microsoft Authenticode signature for a device driver and will pop up warnings when TetherBridge MIS-PC is being installed (two warnings for two components). You need to allow the installation to proceed if you want to try TetherBridge MIS. This issue is XP specific. Windows Vista and Windows 7 recognize the newer Microsoft Authenticode and will identify the publisher to you as "TetherBridge" when you install TetherBridge MIS.
Please check this link if you run into an installation problem: Top installation issues. If you cannot resolve your installation issues yourself, you are welcome to seek assistance through the Support web page.
The current version is v220.127.116.11 and it requires TetherBridge MIS-Mobile v1.3.0 or later on your BlackBerry. If you have an earlier version installed and want this update, you should uninstall the earlier version first from the Control Panel and then install this current update
To determine if you have the 32-bit or 64-bit Windows OS, go to Control Panel->System.
a) To install TetherBridge MIS-PC on a PC running the 32-bit version of the Windows operating system, select the link below:
b) To install TetherBridge MIS-PC on a PC running the 64-bit version of the Windows operating system, select the link below:
After installation, you can start tethering (a license key is not needed for the trial mode):
(Please check this link for tips on maximizing Internet speed and avoiding operation issues: Operation Tips. Do read the tips before your first tether session to avoid some common problems. These are TetherBridge specific and all users including networking pros should read them. If you run into any operation problems including performance issues which are not addressed by the tips, you are welcome to seek assistance through the Support web page.)
- Run TetherBridge MIS-Mobile on your BlackBerry and select the Start-USB command (USB connection mode) or the Start-BT command (Bluetooth connection mode)
- Run TetherBridge MIS-PC on your PC (Start->All Programs->TetherBridge) and select the matching connection mode
- Follow on-line guide
Please see APN Setup for APN configuration information.